ALLOW ME TO SPEAK BOLDLY !
When fashion meets lifestyle, this is what happens ! After watching the video you can agree with me that there is a lot to be said about the Fashion in Zimbabwe, but before we dive into that, I’d like to give a special thanks to Unplugged Zimbabwe for hosting us at the November edition of Unplugged 2017, such a glorious event.
Early bird catches the early worm, got to the event minutes before starting time to setup, scan the venue and obviously meet the organizing team. At around that time it was blistering hot obviously so we took cover at the bar area for a bit, accompanied by a few drinks which led to the sudden blood-rush & excitement. No lie, capturing content has never been so breath-taking at the glance of the stage setup and the tent area as well as the contrast in color from what people were wearing……combined, this was a work of art !
Fast forward, the event flowed smoothly from start to finish and as we were promised, we got wowed by outstanding performances by various artists, the likes of Red Wine (Prayersoul, Trevor Dongo, Sanii Makhalima), Farai Shelton and Blessing Bled Chimanga , Soul jah love Conquering Shumba and coverage by Capitalk100.4FM
THUMBS UP, THE FASHION !
To see different cultures, races, religion, and moral standards, different personalities, opinions ,mind sets and most importantly different tastes of fashion in the same place, is an actual sign that we can all agree at some point.
If you ever want to be in a place where you can be yourself and embrace who you are, then Unplugged is definitely the place to be. There are no barriers to what you should wear and you don’t owe anyone any explanation.
The Fashion in Zimbabwe is gradually improving and i did get inspired a lot to see what outfit tricks people have up they’re sleeves once given a chance to step out the office.
5 MUST HAVES FOR UNPLUGGED
Take it from a first timer, if you ever want to fully enjoy yourself at Unplugged then pay attention:
- Sneakers – A pair of comfortable sneakers will do you justice considering the number of hours you’ll possibly spend walking about or dancing to the music. These will also protect you from unfortunate incidents as well as dust.
- Camera – Every moment is worth capturing at Unplugged, save yourself some time from scrolling down the event page looking for your one photo but have plenty of captured moments to remember for a lifetime.
- Pack a bag – Walk into any super market, grab drinks, beers, water and snacks. You will also be able to buy food and drink at the event but instead of waiting in line, here is a free hack.
- Jacket – As the event transitions into the night, it will start to chill-out and trust me that hug you’ll get from your jacket will be well deserved.
- A friend – Last but certainly not least, bring a friend. You don’t want to be that one guy with no one to share a joke with. In addition to that it’ll be amazing to discuss those fun things you did together, the next day
Proudly dressed by Look-Alive Zim
JACKET – Army green, baseball trench coat
SHOE – Adidas (High cut)
ACCESORIES : Shades, Watch
My Fashion Statement ~ “Switch it up, don’t hold back, you owe no-one any explanations”
It wouldn’t have been possible if it weren’t for these amazing brands/people:
- Photographer – EGA Mudavanhu
SEE MORE PICTURES
SEE YOU AGAIN ON MY NEXT POST !
DON’T FORGET TO LIKE, SHARE, LEAVE A COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE